Thursday, April 30, 2009

what is JJ hiding?

obviously there are more to the story. what is he hiding and why?

I am not associated with Wayang Party’s blog
April 25, 2009 by admin
Filed under: Chief Editor
Statement from the editor
25 April 2009

The purpose of my blog posting is to clarify my alleged association with Wayang Party’s blog, a question that has been posed to me by other bloggers, by members of the Institute of Policy Studies, by the mainstream press, and even by some members of the Reform Party.

I read Wayang Party’s blog regularly and sometimes they aggregate my articles on their website under the “Fellowship” section. I have also written an article for one of Wayang Party’s affiliate websites, the Singapore Enquirer. The article was on my meeting with Mr Tan Tarn How of the Institute of Policy Studies and his research assistant, Ms Tan Si Min. I met fellow bloggers Ms Mathia Lee and Mr Daniel Ling during that event. No member from Wayang Party’s blog turned up. The purpose of that informal chit chat was to share ideas on how the blogosphere is progressing.

Recently, Wayang Party wrote an article entitled “TOC Andrew Loh sent informant’s photos to HDB without his explicit permission“, dated 23 April 2009. In this article, Wayang Party mentioned Kenneth Jeyaretnam, and alleged that he has not agreed to join TOC as a Senior Writer. In the comments section of that article, the admin also alleged that Kenneth Jeyaretnam will be setting up his own blog instead.

I am unable to provide any information on these allegations as I have no knowledge about Kenneth’s writing plans, and neither would it be appropriate for me to speak on his behalf. But these allegations by Wayang Party have led concerned individuals to again query me on my involvement with their blog.

The only extent of my past involvement with Wayang Party is that we sometimes aggregate each others’ articles. That is all. I do not know who are the editors of Wayang Party or the Singapore Enquirer. We have corresponded via email, and I provided them my contact number in connection with the meet up with the Institute of Policy Studies researchers. However, I do not have their contact numbers, and we have not corresponded in any way apart from email. Once again, at the risk of repetition, I do NOT know who they are.

I hereby affirm that I will not be associated in any way, shape or form with Wayang Party’s blog henceforth.

Accordingly, I request Wayang Party to remove me from the “Fellowship” section. I thank them in advance for their understanding.

Ng E-Jay

No comments: