Thursday, March 12, 2009

pinocchio chee

pinocchio chee was a puppet of the foreign trash that never told a lie. (he said that.) when lau beh see played with pinocchio chee and touted him a "liar, cheat and a conniving weasel...", pinoochio chee just replied, "sorry hor, i never tell lies one, ok....u can pray pray with me but do not put words into my mouth!"

it was clear. lau beh see was a ventriloquist playing with pinocchio chee tugging every strings that controlled the puppet's movement. this should be very clear then.....


From: eternal_hap Mar-11 12:35 am
To: ALL (2 of 2)

23734.2 in reply to 23734.1

Online Only - I was no ‘protege’: Chee

Tuesday • March 10, 2009

Letter from Chee Soon Juan

Secretary-General, Singapore Democratic Party

MR LOH Chee Kong’s description of the Singapore Democratic Party in “A politician who hates politics” (Feb 28-March 1) is misleading and mischievous.

Mr Loh equates the “darker side of politics” with the fact that Mr Chiam was “ousted from the very party he had founded in 1980”.

Mr Chiam was never ousted from any party. He had resigned as secretary-general after he was out-voted over a motion he had tabled in a Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting.

Each CEC member is entitled to a vote on all matters governing the party. Mr Loh equates this with the “darker side” of politics. No wonder we are still under one-party rule even in the new millenium.

Mr Loh describes me as Mr Chiam’s protege who had come into the party and subsequently kicked Mr Chiam out. This is the kind of propaganda that the PAP has been spouting all these years in the state media to turn the people against me.

I had not met Mr Chiam before I joined the party and had minimal contact with him or any one in the SDP before I stood for the by-election in 1992. I could not have been anyone’s protege because a protege is someone trained or groomed by another for a particular line of work.

Like many in the Opposition, I joined politics because I heeded my country’s call for freedom and democracy, not because anyone had encouraged me or taken me as their protege. Being groomed by a mentor takes place only in an autocratic party. In a democratic one, we prefer to rely on leaders who have the necessary vision and courage to step forward and convince his fellow members that he is worthy of their support.

Mr Loh’s report is bent on dredging up an issue that happened 17 years ago with the obvious attempt to continue the discord between Mr Chiam and I as well as to continue to turn public opinion against the SDP.

The facts as to how Mr Chiam left the SDP are explained fully and clearly on the SDP website. Why did Mr Loh ignore this in his report?

Mr Chiam and I have spoken cordially to each other at a luncheon at the United States Ambassador’s residence last year and we met again at the Reform Party’s inauguration dinner in 2008.

I have on separate occasions indicated that while we may have our differences, my colleagues and I bear no ill-will towards Mr Chiam. In fact we wish him and his party all the best in their endeavours. Perhaps, your newspaper finds this hard to swallow.

sdppies doesn't print others' criticisms and they expect others to print theirs. how can they burn incense papers but probihit others to light up joss sticks? FREE SPEECHES, HUMAN RIGHTS....and oh yes! democracy. what warped preaching is it?!!

No comments: