Friday, January 30, 2009

more revelations and exposures....part 3

from ejay's own words in black and white:

Why I participated in the TBT protest, and why I pleaded guilty

Written by Ng E-Jay
24 October 2008

In late December last year, the SDP announced on their web site that an application had been made for a permit to hold a peaceful protest near Parliament House on 15 March 2008. The purpose was to mark World Consumer Rights Day and highlight the plight of Singapore consumers in the face of rapidly rising inflation which is made worse by ill-timed Government policies. Exorbitant ministerial salaries are also a slap in the face of Singaporeans who are struggling to make ends meet whilst bearing the brunt of 7% GST, escalating food and fuel prices, and various fare hikes.

In January, an announcement was made that the permit application had been rejected.

Knowing these, I still decided to head down to Parliament House on 15 March 2008 to show my support for this cause. I took photographs of the event and was part of a group photo as well, but I did not hold placards or make a public speech............

so did he or didn't he participate in the protest?? now kena arrested and charged, he used this "but I did not hold placards or make a public speech". see what i mean applying different set of reasoning at different situation?? how slippery could one be??

[[Naturally, my first instincts were to plead not guilty to both charges as I felt that I had not done anything morally wrong by participating in a peaceful rally. However, I later decided to change tactics upon consultation with my lawyer, Dennis Chua. We both agreed that a more logical solution for me would be to plead guilty to the assembly charge, rather than to waste two weeks in Court arguing that I did not really intend to participate in the protest, which would have been a twist of words given what I had blogged about on Sgpolitics.net previously.
]]

lamui's fantastic FED(Flirt, Exploit & Destroy):

Like the rest of the TBT 18. We each all have our own difficulties.

before the arrest, like no difficulties. now lost in kangaroo hill, "We each all have our own difficulties."

bravery, brains, beauty...flirt, exploit, destroy = FULL OF SHITS!! different situation, different sets of reasoning. how to win the kangaroos like that?

No comments: